There are several lines of research in the Cognitive and Human Factors Lab:
- Education Technology
- How does technology make us better learners? This line of research deals with technology involved in distance education, such as the design of lecture videos and text-to-speech rendering.
- Forensic Analysis
- How do human errors contribute to a variety of accidents such as automotive crashes or fall & slip accidents?
- Discourse and Reading Processes
- How do people read and how can we help people achieve better understanding? This line of research deals with how people’s mindset might affect their reading behavior.
- Pedagogical Practices
- How can we improve teaching methodologies in the class? This line of research includes pedagogical techniques including teaching instructions and in-class small groups.